By Beauty Editor Katrina Hess
Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2024 is “Peach Fuzz” – a color they say “captures our desire to nurture ourselves and others. It’s a velvety gentle peach tone whose all-embracing spirit enriches mind, body, and soul.”
For some, peach might seem unappealing or boring for clothes, wall coverings, and most everything else.
Remember the scene in the movie Monster-in-Law when Jane Fonda throws her peach bridesmaid dress out the window?!?
But actually, peach is one of the most versatile colors in the makeup world. Peach…
- Looks good on all skin tones
- Offsets purple undertones, such as dark under-eye circles
- Gives warmth to your skin
- Works as a base eyeshadow, or to wear alone to brighten your eyes and cover redness and purple tones on your eyelids
- Is a great color for blush, because it warms your skin
- In light tones, is a perfect new nude for lips that looks great with a clear, shiny lip gloss
- In darker tones, is great for giving you a pop of color
- Looks great mixed with pinks. I often use peach and pink for the “no makeup” look for eyes, lips and cheeks
- Works well with warm browns
- Can be dramatic partnered with bold tones – hot pinks, reds and crimsons
- Is a soft natural, healthy and innocent look that’s great for brides
So have fun with this beautiful color – send me photos of you looking pretty in peach!
Katrina Hess is a licensed Cosmetologist, which is rare among makeup artists. She’s a local beauty legend whose experience and expertise spans the globe. Katrina has been featured in top beauty and fashion magazines, newspapers, magazines, and TV programs. Katrina’s won Boston Magazine’s “Best of Boston Makeup Artist” 5 times, and Allure Magazine’s “Best of Best Brow Shaping” twice. At her Newbury Street salon Katrina offers unique products that are organic to high-end. Katrina volunteered for 15+ years for the American Cancer Society’s “Look Good…Feel Better” program. See how Katrina can help you maintain healthy skin and learn easy beauty routines, and much more, at www.katrinahess.com